Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Call a Mac Guy, LLC

Well, It looks like we are going to give it a go. I proposed some changes to my status at TTD that would give me the opportunity to help Rob get Call a Mac Guy started. You can see the very beginnings here: http://callamacguy.com/. It's a little rough around the edges, but it's a start.

The TTD partners were very impressed and intrigued with the ideas I put forth and I feel Rob and I will be moving forward with a strong ally of our cause. I see this a huge benefit that most small start-ups don't get. They will bring valuable advice not only from a marketing and promotional perspective but from a business perspective in general. It appears they are more than willing to allow Rob and I to base our Denver operations out of their space and they may put together some promotional material to help us get the word out.

I will start out by hitting the pavement in Downtown Denver. There is a large campus a couple of hundred yards away with lots of Apple toting students. Not to mention the array of small creative firms downtown here that are Macintosh based. It's also helpful that TTD will potentially be one of our first clients and we will have them on our resume from the very beginning.

Rob has already got the ball rolling in Boulder and Longmont. He will be sending out an invoice today totalling over $900 to a small company in Boulder that may be swithcing completely to Apple products soon. Migration from Windows to Mac could be a huge, profitable market for us down the road.

All in all, I'm extremely excited and my gears have really been turning... it's a good feeling. Giving up the stability of the 9-5'er is a little scary for both Jill and I, as it would be for anybody looking a new mortgage payment every month. The bottom line is that it feels extremely right, right now.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I'm extremely excited for you! I love the company name. Are you targeting indviduals and businesses alike, tasks small and large? Google pulled it right up first in line.

    ReplyDelete